- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- Director of Social Media & Online Community Engagement
- I have worked here for
- My family is comprised of:
- I'm married to an avid gamer and Star Wars fan, who is a software engineer. We have 2 rowdy, inquisitive and creative children - Hannah, 10 and Nate 8
- I am passionate about my job:
Since graduating college, I have been involved in the Internet and/or Social Media. I guess you can call me an early adopter. I share information and connect with families and help create and participate in an online community focused on educating our future generations. My role combines my passion for social media, education and helping parents and families. Being a parent myself, I get to be a part of and witness first-hand how our current generation is growing up in a world where social media and technology is the norm.
I was recently profiled as a global hero in education by Anthony Salcito, Microsoft Vice President Worldwide Education
Have a question for Stephanie about online education and community? Feel free to email her anytime at email@example.com.
- My educational background includes
B.A. from University of Arizona.
- My professional background includes
11 years at AOL in various positions including Kids, Music, and Member Education. Here at K¹², I managed various family support projects including the xPotential magazine and Operation Lemonade prior to focusing on social media and community engagement.
- On weekends I like to
Spend time with my kids. They grow up way too fast. And Exercise! Fitness is a big part of my life so I always try to do something active on a daily basis! I also like to engage in retail therapy when I can.
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
- My favorite food is
- Pizza, closely followed by ice cream but I try to eat super healthy 80-90% of the time.
- Google+ Profile
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- I love this quote from C.S. Lewis: “We read to know we are not alone”. I think that sums up why I began to participate in social media and blog myself.