- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- Senior Manager, Social Media
- I have worked here for
- Five years, since April 2007
- My family is comprised of:
- My wife Jennifer, our dog Nemo and cat Gizmo. I'm also the youngest of three.
- I am passionate about my job:
It's incredible to see the things that can happen when you combine technology, education and people. Great ideas start to flow and the results can be impressive. I am passionate about my job because I feel that choice in education is a right, not a privilege and I enjoy hearing the success stories from the families in our online schools.
- My educational background includes
I have a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and International Business from Oregon State University. I spent my final summer in college studying International Business at the Berfusakademie Mosbach - Bad Mergentheim in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- My professional background includes
I worked for KC Distance Learning, Inc from 2007-2010, most recently in a social media role managing our communities, blogs, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts and more.
In the summer of 2010, KC Distance Learning and K¹² became one, and I have been working with the social media team to continue these efforts for K¹², Aventa Learning (school services), iQ Academy (tuition-free online schools) and The Keystone School (a global online private school).
- On weekends I like to
I live in Oregon, so it's only natural that I am a big fan of the outdoors!
In the summer I like to hike, bike, camp, wakeboard, whitewater raft and climb non-technical mountains like Mount St. Helens. My goal is to soon hike the third tallest mountain in Oregon, South Sister and someday Mt. Hood.
In the winter I love to snowboard. It really helps me get over all of the rain we get in Oregon!
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
I love technology, so I am an avid reader of sites like Gizmodo, TechCrunch, and Mashable, and I follow many sports blogs as well (Go Beavers! Go Trail Blazers!)
- My favorite food is
- Hmmm, I love all foods but my favorite is probably hot wings or ribs!
- Google+ Profile
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- It's a powerful creative outlet, and I love to hear what people think of my ideas.