- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- Writer, Marketing
- I have worked here for
- Since October 2011
- My family is comprised of:
- My husband Ryan. We love animals, and our two cats, Rebecca and Raye, roam the house and are more like tiny people than animals.
- I am passionate about my job:
Communication is what connects us all! I get to put words together in a way that makes people see things in a new light. My goal is to find the perfect phrase or sentence that people read and think, “Yes, I get that!” I love talking to students and helping them communicate their successes.
- My educational background includes
B.A. from George Mason University in Communication/Journalism and an A.A.S. from Northern Virginia Community College.
- My professional background includes
More than 10 years in marketing communications. I’ve worked in healthcare publications and for nonprofits. At K¹², I and my fellow writers make student stories and successes more visible in radio commercials, on the Internet, and anywhere else we can think of!
- On weekends I like to
Walk around Washington, D.C., see little-known films, and travel as much as possible. I try to write often—in my spare time, it’s usually fiction! Oh, and I love to read. I read an average of more than 100 books each year.
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
- My favorite food is
- Any kind of baked good. I can’t step foot in Panera Bread without buying a cinnamon roll or bear claw.
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- I love communicating with people, but sometimes a writer just want to write like he or she speaks. Blogging is a great place to do that. It allows more of the writers’ personality to come through, which helps me better connect with readers.