- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- Senior Content Specialist for grades 6-12 math
- I have worked here for
- My family is comprised of:
- My wife and two kids.
- I am passionate about my job:
because everyone deserves a good math education.
- My educational background includes
A mixture of totally incompetent (grade 7) and amazingly gifted (grades 8–12) math teachers. I survived my early math experiences enough to get a BS in Math and an MS in Operations Research (basically applied math).
- My professional background includes
Working at my college radio station, developing math models for the U.S. Army, teaching HS math, being a contributing author for a series of textbooks, and lots of live, web-based, and computer-based corporate training.
- On weekends I like to
Spend time with my family.
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
Zero Gravity, Improbable Research, Bad Science Blogs, Edutopia, TED, Uncertain Principles, Ars Mathematica, Applied Statistics.
- My favorite food is
- Toscanini's ice cream
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- Social media creates the opportunity for sharing ideas. These are our salons where ideas are shared, refined, and nurtured.