- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- K12 International Academy Middle School English Teacher
- I have worked here for
- March 2011
- My family is comprised of:
- A bunch of native Texans – mama, daddy, two sisters, hubby, two daughters, uncles, aunts, lots of nieces and nephews, cousins, second cousins, and even third cousins – We are one big happy Texan family! Everything is bigger in Texas…am I right?
- I am passionate about my job:
Building relationships with my students and families is my paramount objective and connecting with them on a daily basis is my favorite part of my day.
- My educational background includes
B.S. Multidisciplinary Studies from Texas Tech University
- My professional background includes
I have taught sixth grade English for 11 years, ten of which were in a brick and mortar setting and one year virtual. I spent two years teaching sophomore English, yearbook, and junior varsity cheerleading at a local high school before making the switch to virtual teaching. I have served on many of committees throughout the years, earning teacher awards, even winning the District Teacher of the Year and being nominated for Regional Teacher of the Year.
- On weekends I like to
Play outside with my family, play Barbie’s with my youngest daughter, listen to my children play the violin and piano, munch on my hubby’s grilled delights, swim, go to the driving range, and watch a little sports and reality television.
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
- My favorite food is
- Fried okra
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- I want to share my story from the teacher’s perspective and let prospective families know about my awesome school!!!