- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- Online Community Development Specialist
- I have worked here for
- Gosh ... in various capacities ... since 2003. And as a K¹² Star before that!
- My family is comprised of:
- My husband and 4 kids (ages 17, 15, 14, and 11), two West Highland White Terriers and a Beta fish named Aphrodite.
- I am passionate about my job:
because I believe that parents are the single most important people in kids’ lives and folks that school at home are making an impact on the world in immeasurable ways. (And because our K¹² parents are THE best!)
- My educational background includes
a degree in Special Education and Elementary Education from the University of Maine-Farmington and a degree in Theatre Education and Directing from Emerson College. (Education and Theater…2 great things that go great together!)
- My professional background includes
10 years of teaching in Brick and Mortar classrooms, 14 years of homeschooling my four kids, a bunch of years directing theater, and a bunch of years at K¹².
- On weekends I like to
stay home and catch up on all the things I don’t get done during the week, like tying my shoes and cleaning my sink. (The Fly Lady I am not!)
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
The Book Whisperer; Half Full-The Science of Raising Happy Kids; Motherlode- Adventures in Parenting; Teenreads.
- My favorite food is
- Veal Marsala or really, REALLY fabulous clam chowder ... can't decide.
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- it's all about relationships and conversation ... how ELSE can one learn?