- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- I currently work for the International Academy (iCademy) and the K¹² Educator Group
- I have worked here for
- My family is comprised of:
- My wonderful husband, Matt, and I have four children: Kelly (14), Samantha (13), Cassidy (12), and Troy (10). We also have a Pug puppy (Boo), a cat (Stray Cat Spencer), and a Leopard Gecko (Spots) rounding out the family.
- I am passionate about my job:
I always tell people it is ridiculous how much I love my job! To be able to work with such a comprehensive, rich curriculum while learning new technology and continuously evolving methods and practices for teaching in an online arena is exciting and fulfilling. I also get to work with the most amazingly wonderful team of coworkers ever!
- My educational background includes
B.S. in Journalism/English minor from the University of Florida and an M.S. in English Education from Nova Southeastern University. I am certified to teach high school English, English 5-9, Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum and Elementary Education K-6.
- My professional background includes
I taught middle school English, reading and creative writing in the brick and mortar world before joining the Florida Virtual Academy staff in 2005. I moved to the K¹² Educator Group and iCademy last year. Since joining this team, I have worked with students and teachers at the Georgia Virtual Academy, the Texas Virtual Academy and Virginia Virtual Programs along with my work at the International Academy. I am also currently teaching a high school section of Literary Analysis and Composition in Florida.
- On weekends I like to
Run on the beach, do yoga, read, write, spend time with family and friends.
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
The great schools blog, The Cool Cat Teacher Blog, Classroom 2.0., Politics Daily
- My favorite food is
- Seafood – any kind!
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- It is a great way to open the lines of communication by sharing ideas, stories, and information.