- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- Director, Primary Literacy
- I have worked here for
- My family is comprised of:
- My husband, Chris, and our Chocolate Lab, Charlie
- I am passionate about my job:
because of the talented people I get to work with and because of our ability to reach so many students who will truly benefit from what we do.
- My educational background includes
a bachelor’s degree in elementary and special education, a master’s degree in reading, and a doctorate in curriculum and instruction.
- My professional background includes
the fact that I’ve been working with kids my whole life. I started baby sitting at 10, worked at a summer camp every year between 15 and 22; taught special ed preschool during the summers when I taught K/1 in Rochester, NY during the school year; taught 3rd grade special ed during the summers when I taught K-3 in Fort Belvoir, VA during the school year. I’m still a certified teacher in the state of Virginia.
- On weekends I like to
play with my Chocolate Lab, read, knit, sleep, cook, kayak, or watch TV – it all depends on the weather.
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
Reading Rocket’s Sound it Out and Page by Page; Teach Mama; Smitten Kitchen, Yarn Harlot, Dooce, The Book Whisperer, CNN.com, Capitals.NHL.com, Ravelry.com, and my sister’s blog.
- My favorite food is
- CHEESE!!! I love cheese - extra sharp cheddar, string, blue, cream, cottage, pepper jack, mozzarella - I just love cheese. And therefore, I love anything that cheese is on; pizza, nachos, eggs and bagels, lasagna
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- it's an easy way to communicate. My own blog was started to share knitting news and pictures of my (no longer) new dog to my siblings and parents. I participate on other folks' blogs as a way to communicate and show my support for them.