- First Name
- Last Name
- My job at K12 is:
- Social Media Team Intern
- I have worked here for
- May 2011
- My family is comprised of:
- My parents, my younger brother and sister, and my boyfriend.
- I am passionate about my job:
Because it allows me to use my experience and skills, learn and acquire even more, and work with awesome people, all while sharing and supporting the work that K12 does in providing an outstanding virtual education option to students and their families.
- My educational background includes
B.A. in English from San Diego State University.
- My professional background includes
I’ve worked in some diverse places - from a rock concert venue, to a tax office, from a bookstore, to a special education day school. I’ve been a classroom aide, a nanny, an ESL teacher, an English tutor, and a writer for music and media websites – among other things!
- On weekends I like to
Hike, run, and bike, go to concerts, shoot and develop photos, watch movies, and explore
(and its many incredible food carts!) Portland
- Other sites and blogs I follow include
I follow several photo blogs, a couple local Portland blogs, arts/culture sites like Flavorpill, and music sites like Stereogum and Pitchfork.
- My favorite food is
- : I love a huge variety of food! I could maybe narrow it down to Mexican or pizza though.
- I blog or participate on other folks' blogs because
- I enjoy connecting with and learning from others, sharing my own experiences, and keeping informed.