Online Learning: Support for All Families All Year Long
Online Learning Coach Support
The learning never stops when you are a parent and an online learning coach and it’s important for you to know that you aren’t alone. Your K¹² community of schools, teachers, staff and families will help you along the way . October is here and we have a full slate of parent events and support resources created for ALL of our families. Highlighted below are just a few of the many support and informational opportunities we have created.
October Parent Workshops
- Using MARK12 Effectively
- Making K12 Games and Mobile Apps Work for You
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Understanding Your Scantron Assessment Results
- Manage Your Time More Effectively and Have Fun Learning Using Block Scheduling
Short-Term and Long-Term Series
- School Effectively at Home (Oct-Nov)
- Math Refresher for Parents (Oct-May)
- Writing Refresher for Parents (Oct-May)
- Preschool Story Time (Oct-May)
Parent Clubs and Communities
- The Military Hub - educating our children at home while living the unique life of the military
- ParenTek12 - share and learn about how your computer and the Internet can help you
- K12 Novels Group for Parents - a chance to discuss the K12 novels used in Grades 3-8
- K12 Parents Book Chat – for K12 parents who love to read
(Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Sometimes you just have a question that you'd like to ask another parent. If you have a question about working with your student, using the curriculum, setting up your school space, time management, using the Online School or LMS, student motivation, or just getting through your day, log in to ask your question of a real parent who is there just for you! You're not alone! If we don't have the answer, we can help you find out where to look!
We know that sometimes it's just nice to sit around the table and share ideas and strategies with other parents who are schooling at home. But can you do it in a virtual education setting? You betcha!
Talking Parent2Parent is just that! Twice monthly, Terri and Lori will be hosting some open time to just drop in and share with other parents who speak our K12 language. Come with a question and bounce it off other parents who have come for the same reason. Come with an idea to share. Or just come and visit. Pop in any time during the open-office time and stay as long as you like. This is a time to come and be supportive and helpful to one another and find support and help in return. Bring your coffee, tea or water and pull up a chair! Terri and Lori look forward to visiting with you and other parents from across the nation and around the world!
These are just a few of the workshops, resources and programs available each and every month. The complete schedule of events and information can be found at K12 Start. Look for the link in the announcement section of your OLS .
Spend a few minutes exploring our newest parent resource and you will find a treasure trove of help and information!