Father's Day Ideas Using Pinterest
Father’s Day is this Sunday (June 17th) and what would a father love more than a handcrafted gift from the kids? Need ideas? Pinterest has shared ideas from personalized keepsakes to yummy snacks for game time, just for Dad. Parents across the nation are using Pinterest to find crafty, inexpensive gift ideas while sharing their own. Whether you have found the perfect gift for good old Dad or not, Pinterest is a fun, new way to get you started on some special homemade gift ideas from the kids that Dad will treasure always.
Celebrities, as well as political figures, are also using Pinterest to honor the fathers in their lives. Michelle Obama has dedicated a “board” for Father’s Day with photographs of her family as a child and her family today, which includes the family playing mini golf. Celebrity moms, such as Tori Spelling, are also using Pinterest as a source to share their craft ideas and gain new ones from friends and family. We have a pinterest board you can follow with topics ranging from Technology and Learning to Lunch Ideas.
If you don’t know how to use Pinterest do not fret, below are simple instructions on how to get you started:
- Go to the Pinterest homepage, http://pinterest.com/
- You can sign up for Pinterest by requesting an invite in the top middle of the page so you can create your own boards to share or you can continue by using the search bar at the top left side of the page without signing up.
- A “board” is like a category. When you “pin” ideas you like you put them into “boards”, such as “Craft Ideas” or “My Style.” A “pin” is the idea that you have found that you would like to share; this is what you put in to your selected category or “board.”
- When you begin your search, type in the search bar what you would like to find and click enter. Say you are looking for a certain celebrity, Pinterest will give you the option to select whether you would like to search individual pins, boards, or that celebrity’s Pinterest page.
- Once you have found a pin or board you like, you can click on the pin to open it up to a larger view. If you like what you see then click on it again. This is will take you to the page where this idea was pinned from with all the specific information.
- If you like the idea of Pinterest and would like to share the ideas you have found then create your own pinboards by requesting an invite.
Leave us a comment sharing some of the creative ways you are using Pinterest.