Digital Learning Day 2.1.12
Technology is changing everyone's lives -- the way we shop, buy and listen to music, read books and more. Education should be no different and Digital Learning Day is a day created to recognize the innovative ways technology is being used in our schools to give every student the opportunity to experience personalized learning with great teaching.
The mission of Digital Learning Day is to:
- Celebrate great teaching
- Encourage more personalized and relevant learning
- Work to ensure that every child has access to the best learning experience
More than 19 states and hundreds of educators wiil be hosting celebrations that highlight innovative teaching practices that make learning more personalized and engaging and encouraging exploration of how digital learning can provide students with more opportunities to succeed in college, career, and life. You can get involved to.
Here are some suggestions on how to participate from digitalearningday.org
- Starting a conversation - at a PTA/PTO meeting, in your school, department, library, or community-based organization about your goals for your students and how digital learning can help meet their needs. Watch our National Town Hall meeting on 2.1.12 and participate virtually. Watch our daylong webcast and pass it on to others who care about student learning! Not sure where to start? Check out our Getting Started section (coming soon) and soon you'll be on your way!
- Trying one new thing - sample an online lesson, use mobile devices in class, start a wiki, use digital storytelling, start a project-based learning unit, but above all, challenge your teaching, learning, and pedagogy and see what digital technology can do for you and the students you serve! Check out our resources and toolkits and go digital!
- Showcase success - submit a video of how you are innovating to give the students you work with the best learning experience possible! Better yet, have your students take the lead and show us how digital learning works for them!